Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Where WERE You?"

Funny that you should ask...
My "reason": I was busy with my over-crowded clique, filled with awesome people and Populars

What I was really doing:


So yeah, nothing to worry about. In real life, though, I was busy makin' stuff, mainly for my favorite doggie: ELIZA JANE! (She's my doggie <3 )

So before you decide that you want to make your dog something totally original and amazing that nobody has ever done before, try this (only one person has done made this stuff).

Today's Craft: A Doggie Pillow

You might think that this is utterly stupid and idiotic... "Who would waste expensive yarn on something that will most likely get dirty in the end?" 
Me because I love my dog, but aside from me, almost nobody. So, I decided to make something out of TOTALLY recycled materials, from the fabric to the yarn to the stuffing!

To give you an idea...

Yarn: Plarn ~ You can learn how to make it here.

Fabric: An old T-shirt, a pair of old pants, an old curtain. Truthfully, anything worn and old, but still
            soft

Stuffing: There was leftover plastic from the bags used to make plarn, leftover fabric, and some pieces 
               of yarn left from previous projects. After using all of that, I only needed a handful or two of 
                stuffing that I bought from a Michael's nearby.

Thread: I used organic (that's what the label said, but I'm having a hard time imagining how THREAD 
             can be ORGANIC) embroidery thread. 

*Note: I didn't pay very much attention to how the pillow looked, considering it would be under my dog's head the whole time. So, while the pattern was supposed to look circular, mine was oval-y. Also, excuse the picture below, there is so much dog hair on it. 


(Without further ado) the Pattern:

(In Plarn)
Make a Magic Ring

Crochet 4 sc in Ring

Round 1: 2 sc in each sc (8 sc)
Round 2: Repeat round 1 (16sc)
Round 3: *Sc, 2sc in every other stitch*
Round 4: *2sc in every 2 sc* 
Round 5: *2sc in every 3 sc*
Round 6: *2sc in every 4 sc*

You get the pattern?
Continue this until you think the pillow is large enough for your dog. Plan works best because it is essentially waterproof. Just wanted to make that statement for all you people going "Well I think that my dog deserves better than some silly old PLASTIC YARN!" 'Cause I know some of you were thinkin' that.

Anyhoo, cut out the amount of fabric you want to sew it on top of the plarn with the embroidery thread.  I made my fabric way bigger than the plarn circle, so that the pillow would be fluffier. Here's what the pillow should look like when you're done:





    The Top; where her head goes                        The Bottom; The part that touches the ground



No comments:

Post a Comment