Sunday, March 31, 2013

Warm Enough Yet?

I guess y'all are so totally bored from my few (two) posts about my life outside of crafting... To tell you the truth, it isn't all that interesting. I mean, my friend likes a guy who is "dating" another girl and practically faints every time she sees him, but other than the occasional "EEEHTHHEHHEHE!" from her, life doesn't really get all that different.

So putting my simple and happy life aside, I think it's time you learned something about me: I'm not normal. Nor am I insane-asylum-crazy. I'm moderate, I guess.
You may not have noticed, but I go above and beyond for my lil' dog. She's a princess and she deserves every last thing the world has to offer her (besides a guy, electronics, and chocolate). But one thing that I noticed was while she was trending with the latest fashionistas and while her head was resting upon a royal pillow, her blankets and bedding were some old towels. Now that just wouldn't do! Again, like the pillow, I wanted something that wouldn't leave a hole in my pocket where my only two dollars live. Thus, I used my resources.
This wasn't gonna be an all-out au naturel thing. I just didn't have enough recycled plastic bags for plarn and I didn't have yarn that was totally organic (I do, but who trusts labels?).
Thus this came up:

A PUFF BLANKET!

I most certainly didn't have the time to crochet or knit (yes to you meanies who say "Who knits anymore? That's like a Grandma thing....) anything larger than a 2x4 square with all the things happening in school and life and... nothing. I just didn't feel like doing all that work ( :P )
So I made about a million puffs out of a yarn that I never used and sewed them onto on of the towels that Princess Eliza was using beforehand. I only sewed on enough puffs for her head to rest on because I didn't know how she would feel about having tons of yarn underneath her in the blistering hot air conditioning :P

(I will make a post on how to make puffs soon. Just gotta get that camera charged!)

So when the blanket is all done I will take a (bad) picture of it an put it right on this post! But until then ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment